The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a part-time Paramedic to join their team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal person for this position is a dedicated healthcare provider able to work in a fast-paced environment treating emergent and non-emergent needs of patients, and understands the importance of working collaboratively with team members.
This position reports to the Supervising Physician, RN, and Chief Nursing Officer.
- Perform lifesaving functions in conjunction with Emergency Department (ED) medical/nursing team.
- Perform therapeutic procedures and administers medications to the extent allowable by law and in accordance with established hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
- Work with individuals of all ages including infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients.
- Collect, record, and communicate patient data in a systematic and continuous manner.
- Able to maintain and promote a positive work environment.
- Assist in developing and implementing methods to improve patient care.
- Assist physician and RN, as needed, for emergency treatment and complex procedures within the ED and Critical Care Center; maintain ongoing communication with Emergency Physician and RN.
- Maintain patient discretion and confidentiality at all times.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $19.35 – $29.03 per hour based on knowledge and experience. In addition, the position offers medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation), and life insurance.
SCHEDULE. This is a part-time (almost full-time) position working 72-80 hours every two weeks; shifts as assigned.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Licensed Paramedic in the State of Michigan.
- Certifications in BCLS, ACLS, and PALS required or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Certification in NRP preferred.
- 1 year experience as a paramedic preferred; preference given to candidates with emergency department and/or urgent care center experience or clinical rotation.
- Knowledge of reimbursement documentation requirements helpful.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst team members, patients, and caregivers.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with unpredictable and changing priorities.
- Proficiency with computers and basic office software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by the Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which celebrated its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org