The Dickinson County Healthcare System seeks a part-time Surgical Technologist to join their team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position assists in the nursing care and preparation of surgical patients by creating and maintaining a sterile environment and passing instruments to surgeons in the Operating Room and Endoscopy Unit. The ideal candidate understands surgical procedures and is able to anticipate the needs of the surgeon. To be successful, you will perform and participate in disassembly, decontamination, assembly, bundling, sterilization, and high-level disinfection processes in addition to storing and distributing surgical instrumentation, equipment, and supplies.
This position reports to the Perioperative Services Nurse Manager, Perioperative Clinical Coordinator, Charge Nurse and Staff Nurse.
- Under the direction of the RN, comply with nursing processes as well as established hospital policies, standards, and procedures to render optimal care for patients.
- Keeps current with surgical technology, attend continuing education, read industry literature/procedures/product information to maintain knowledge and professional acumen.
- Utilize and maintain hospital supplies/equipment in a cost effective and safe manner.
- Document and maintain data pertinent to patient record.
- Maintain effective, appropriate, and professional communication with hospital staff and care providers at all times.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $19.40 – $25.05 per hour based on knowledge and experience. In addition, position offers medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance.
SCHEDULE. This is a part-time, as-assigned shift position (typically Monday-Friday) with varying start times. This position participates in the on-call and weekend rotation schedule.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Graduate from an accredited program for Surgical Technologists required.
- Minimum of 1-year operating room or ambulatory care experience preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification or ability to obtain within one month of hire.
- Thorough knowledge of asepsis techniques/procedures.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst team members and patients.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and submit your application online at dchs.hirescore.com