Submittable has created the best childcare center in Montana and is searching for an outstanding Substitute Early Childhood Lead Teacher. The Substitute Early Childhood Lead Teacher is responsible for providing exceptional care for the safety, health, and happiness of the smallest members of the Submittable team. The childcare center is located in Submittable’s headquarters in Missoula, Montana.
This is an on-call position and pays $16.83/hour. The position reports to Submittable’s Childcare Center Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Care for children age 2 and under with a continual dedication to engagement, warmth, and safety
- Promote and incorporate Submittable’s culture and values into all program activities
- Work with the team of childcare staff to create a childcare experience that is second to none
- Communicate with parents in a manner that is professional, informative, and clear
- Maintain licensing compliance and stay up-to-date on certifications and immunizations
- Provide excellent customer service to program participants
- Present appropriate curriculum to promote healthy youth development
- Ensure adequate physical activity and nutrition to promote lifelong healthy living
- Ensure program safety and manage risk appropriately
- At least 18 years of age (required)
- Current Montana Practitioner Registry Level 2 or higher OR 2 years of experience in a licensed childcare facility, plus 32 hours of ECP approved training (required)
- Current adult, child, and infant CPR, first aid certification, and Infant Safety Essentials (within 30 days of hire)
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not accommodate employment or scholastic visas.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to interpret and enforce all safety and health regulations
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other staff participants, parents, and the general public. A high degree of tact and discretion is required
- Ability to quickly respond to emergency situations
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Ability to speak concisely and to effectively communicate needs
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work enthusiastically with young children
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and handle conflicts in a timely and professional manner
- This highly physical role frequently requires lifting, bending, walking, kneeling, rocking, and other movements associated with childcare.
- Must be able to meet minimum requirements and perform functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to communicate clearly to all children, parents, members, and company personnel
- Ability to attend all trainings and meetings as required even if scheduled outside normal working or regular scheduled hours
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Occasionally must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, or up to 50 pounds with assistance