2021 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Intern
Are you a driven college student who is passionate and committed to addressing diversity, equality, and inclusion? Are you looking for an active and fast-paced environment and a chance to truly become part of a team?
As Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Intern, you will work with Tanger’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council, assisting in a variety of projects under the direction of the Vice President, Communications/Enterprise Risk Management.
What will you do?
- Assist with the support/coordination of Tanger’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives including programs and meetings.
- Identify and build a library of DE&I best in class digital job postings. Develop or assist in the development of posting schedules.
- Assist in researching various training and workshops and help coordinate an effective training plan.
- Research best practices for DE&I policies and procedures by talking with other companies, peer groups, etc.
- Partner with key stakeholders and work cross-functionally to help drive DE&I goals.
- Prepare preliminary work for the formation of Employee Resource Groups. Establish group objectives, goals, and charter and align with Tanger’s DE&I strategies.
- Help drive volunteer hours by promoting Tanger’s volunteerism program. Identify and develop partnerships with local organizations, schools, etc. Assist in coordinating volunteer opportunities.
- Create diversity metrics and data to measure impact and success of DE&I programs.
- Attend weekly DE&I Council meetings.
- Help compile data for ESG reporting.
What will you bring?
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Vision, passion, and commitment to addressing diversity, equality, and inclusion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Are you qualified for this position?
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate business program at a state accredited university and pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Psychology, Sociology, Diversity and Inclusion or related field of study.
- Must have strong computer skills including an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- No prior DE&I experience necessary
Partner with Tanger Outlets and be a part of our progressive and unique team!
The internship is available during the months of May through August.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
EOE. Drug Free Workplace. A background check will be conducted for this position. Tanger Management, LLC participates in E-Verify.