The Employee Health Care Engagement Grad Student Internship presents an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in delivering and developing health care messages to Texas public school employees who participate in TRS-ActiveCare. TRS-ActiveCare covers nearly half a million public school employees and their families and has over 1,110 school districts participated in the program. Health care prices are rising throughout the country and the TRS health programs are not immune to this. The work will be underscored by building relationships with school districts to show the value of TRS-ActiveCare.
Benefits of the Employee Health Care Engagement Internship: This is a paid, full-time position that offers grad student interns an up-close look inside the administration of one of the largest health care programs serving Texas. The chosen intern will enjoy training and mentoring from experienced professionals in health care administration.
All applicants must submit a resume to be considered for the position. The interview process may consist of a video interview in addition to an in-person (or remote) interview. If selected to move forward, applicants will receive written instructions for both steps via email.
*Selected candidate must live or relocate to Texas for the summer internship.
Salary: $17.00/hour currently enrolled in a Graduate program
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Health & Insurance Benefits Projects
•Supports TRS HIB Engagement team in creating content for TRS-ActiveCare projects for the 2021-22 school year, which include:
-Assists with engagement campaign for TRS-ActiveCare employees and school district leadership at over 1,100 districts across the state during annual enrollment.
-Develops and reviews targeted communications and health marketing materials such as letters, newsletters, website content, social media, and presentations.
-Fosters engagement among TRS-ActiveCare participants and stakeholders.
•May review, analyze and report engagement data from website, social media, and mobile app to shape digital strategy
•May assist in researching, compiling, and analyzing data; entering data into spreadsheets, databases, and other automated applications.
•May assist in editing articles, web content, forms, reports, and other documents for ease of understanding.
•May assist in reviewing and analyzing agency policies, procedures, and forms and recommending changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
•Assists in completing special projects and performs other work as assigned.
Performs related work as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
• Currently enrolled as a graduate student (Master or Doctoral) as of June 1st with a declared major in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, English or Health Communications Applicant will be required to submit a copy of official college transcripts.
• Applicant will be required to submit a copy of official college transcripts.
• Areas of study in health care communications, with emphasis on health care literacy or clinical communications
• Experience measuring message effectiveness.
• Experience in related fields.
• Letter(s) of recommendation from program professor(s) are strongly encouraged.
• Experience using Microsoft Office
• Familiarity with mass communication tools