The Project Management Student Intern performs entry (entry- to routine-level) project work related to their field of study and project management. Work involves supporting agency operations with a primary focus on gaining practical work experience and business skills for personal development or to satisfy educational requirements. Works under close supervision with limited latitude for initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the manager or director of the assigned department.
Benefits of a TRS Project Management Internship: This is a paid, full-time position that offers interns the opportunity to gain substantive experience in project management. Interns enjoy the chance to get training and mentoring from experienced professionals in one or more of these areas.
Here at TRS, we don’t just fill positions. We recruit the best and brightest, and we’d love to hear more about you!
This position will start June and will end in August, 2021.
Salary will be dependent upon education level:
Undergraduate (Junior or Senior) – $13.50/hour
Graduate or Law School Student – $17.00/hour
All applicants must submit a resume to be considered for the position. The interview process will consist of a video interview in addition to an in-person interview. If selected to move forward, applicants will receive written instructions for both steps via email.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists Project Managers in monitoring status of TRS Projects.
• Assists Project Managers to develop or update project artifacts.
• Assists with maintaining the PMO and TEAM Project SharePoint sites, tools, and templates.
Assists with capturing meeting minutes.
• May assist in compiling and analyzing data; entering data into spreadsheets, databases, and other automated applications.
• May assist in reviewing and analyzing agency policies, procedures, and forms and recommending changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Assists in completing special projects and performs other work as assigned.
• Performs other duties (general and department specific) as assigned.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING:
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Classification will depend on qualifications:
• Currently enrolled in and actively attending an accredited college or university as an undergraduate student in a Computer Science, Information Management, Project Management, Business, or other relevant program AND within three semesters (12 months) of graduation; OR
• Enrolled in a master’s or doctorate degree program in Project Management, Computer Science or Information Management.
• Applicant will be required to submit a copy of official college transcripts.
Registration, Certification, or Licensure:
• Experience working on similar projects to the ones described above.
• Letter(s) of recommendation from program professor(s) are strongly encouraged.
• Experience using Microsoft Office software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities that May Be Required
• General office practices and procedures.
• The principles, practices and techniques of project management.
• Organizing and prioritizing work to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced environment, and completing work accurately while meeting deadlines.
• Strong writing skills and translating technical concepts clearly and concisely.
• Demonstrated interest in technology and technical topics through coursework, activities, or experience.
• Gathering project data and preparing concise and accurate reports and written/oral recommendations.
• Simplifying complex topics into easy-to-understand language.
• Providing quality customer service.
• Using a personal computer in a Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) environment, and accurately performing data entry.
• Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, agency staff, and other external contacts.
• Work effectively in a professional team environment.