TeamHealth has ranked three years as “The World’s Most Admired Companies” by Fortune Magazine and one of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies by Forbes Magazine in past years. TeamHealth, an established healthcare organization, is physician-led and patient-focused. We continue to grow across the U.S., from our Clinicians to our Corporate Employees, and we want you to join us.
We seek a medical admin with six months and one year of healthcare admin experience.
The Practice Coordinator is responsible for administrative and operationally supporting and maintaining the practice. Keep the T.H. Hospital Medicine (THHM) Facility Medical Director, VP of Client Service, Regional Medical Director, and T.H. H.M. provider staff, and work with hospital administration to meet all needs.
Operationally, by accurately identifying and accounting for each patient seen in the hospital by the hospitalist physicians. The Practice Coordinator is responsible for obtaining, reconciling, and forwarding all required documents of each in-patient medical record to the designated Billing Center. Upon preparing each batch, the Practice Coordinator will maintain accurate data to report the number of records sent and specific key measures from those visits. Additionally, they will work with the facility to gather critical facility metric data for dashboards. The individual in this position must perform to productivity standards and meet target goals outlined by the Practice Coordinator Supervisor.
1. The Practice Coordinator is responsible for carrying out duties as directed by TeamHealth.
2. The Practice Coordinator shall communicate regularly with the designated TeamHealth Supervisor.
3. The Practice Coordinator will follow and maintain patient confidentiality appropriately with HIPAA compliance standards at all times.
4. Will access hospital information systems or work with facility staff to procure patient demographic and insurance data to ensure correct billing information and updates are sent to the billing center.
5. Coordinate completion of all physician clinical documentation and proactively work with the medical director to ensure complete documentation and signatures.
6. Alert Supervisor and seek assistance from TeamHealth when an activity or process change at the facility changes or deviates from the current process.
7. Achieve and maintain individual target goals for the facility as the Supervisor designated.
8. Maintain professional appearance and performance at all times.
1. Support Facility Medical Director, VP of Client Services, Regional Medical Director, and T.H. H.M. provider staff.
2. Monthly T.H. H.M. administration meeting – meeting scheduling, agenda preparation, and minutes.
3. Monthly provider meeting – meeting scheduling, agenda preparation, and minutes.
4. Facilitate provider scheduling changes and notifications.
5. Monthly collection and tracking of critical data for dashboards.
6. Completion of dashboards for electronic interfaces.
7. Message and mail distribution.
8. Miscellaneous duties or tasks assigned by leadership (i.e., brochure distribution, marketing, Call Back Program, PCP Notification Program, etc.).
1. The Practice Coordinator shall obtain a copy of the in-patient records for each patient upon discharge.
2. The Practice Coordinator shall ensure that each medical record contains the following items before batching.
a.Physician chart, including H&P and Discharge Summary, all daily progress notes, etc.
b.Hospital face sheet to include patient demographic information
c.Insurance information (copy of the insurance card when available)
e.Code Sheets (if applicable)
The batch is assembled with all complete records reconciled to the discharge report.
3. The Practice Coordinator shall ship work to the designated Billing Operations Center (BOC). The Practice Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the supplies necessary to accomplish this task.
4. The Practice Coordinator shall communicate with their T.H. H.M. Supervisor and T.H. H.M. physicians when records are identified as incomplete. Suppose the said record is not completed within the acceptable time frame. In that case, notification will be communicated to your TH HM Director, Facility Medical Director, Vice President of Client Services, and Regional Medical Director as needed.
5. The Practice Coordinator must promptly identify and retrieve all missing or incomplete records.
6. The Practice Coordinator will assume tasks, duties, and responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor or designated TeamHealth HM staff.
7. The Practice Coordinator shall develop and maintain a positive working relationship with hospital staff.
8. The Practice Coordinator shall work the number of assigned hours per week and complete the timesheet weekly. KRONOs may be used and is the preferred method of reporting time and should be used instead of the manual paper time sheet.
9. Vacation and time off are to be scheduled in advance to ensure the workflow is not interrupted.
General knowledge of the medical record process, with at least one year of experience in a hospital or physician office setting and an understanding of patient registration and medical documents, is preferred—clerical and reconciliation experience and the ability to maintain record keeping.
1. B.A. or equivalent job experience is preferred
2. Excellent communication skills
3. Excellent organizational skills
4. Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
5. Ability to work independently with speed and accuracy
6. Detailed-oriented with efficient time management abilities
7. Excel and Word proficient
Cooperative, cheerful, courteous, and professional behavior and conduct essential functions of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with coworkers, peers, and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others, and responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the Supervisor. Additionally, the information in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.