IMPORTANT NOTE: Dayton Power & Light Company communicates to applicants by email. Therefore, it is important to check your email frequently as a timely response may be required. Please also be sure to check your spam/junk folder as emails from our system are sometimes routed to spam/junk. We strongly recommend that you complete the “Candidate Home” profile feature when you apply for this position.
DP&L Customer Service Representative Part Time
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU APPLY FOR A PART TIME POSITION, YOU WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED FOR A PART TIME POSITION . FULL TIME OFFERS ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO PART TIME APPLICANTS.
Training start date: Monday, March, 15th
Starting Hourly Wage: $ 15.00 Per Hour
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Prior experience in a call center environment is preferred but not required (bi-lingual is a plus).
- Must pass a Customer Service Representative assessment, including keyboarding, computer fluency and basic mathematics.
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Must successfully complete 5 weeks of paid training on a full-time schedule (Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm), with 100% mandatory attendance.
- Must pass a comprehensive background check as well as a physical and drug screen.
- All In-bound calls – No sales calls or cold calls!
- Must be able to deal courteously and effectively with customers and other employees.
- Assist customers with billing questions transactions, process customer service payments, provides payment arrangements in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintain enthusiasm and professionalism while providing efficient and effective service to customers.
- Continually strive to exceed customer expectations and meet performance standards, which support the company vision.
- Work towards excellent personal job performance through effective use of time, resources and energy.
- Exceptional attendance, punctuality, and schedule adherence are essential.
- Perform other duties that may be requested by authorized personnel.
IMPORTANT JOB INFORMATION:
- Call center hours are Monday thru Friday, 8am to 5pm.
- Candidates hired may be scheduled during any of these hours (8 am to 5 pm), however schedules are communicated months in advance for planning purposes.
- Company provides ongoing training and progressive responsibilities.
- For the time being, training will be virtual and employees will work from home. This is not a remote position and employees will be required to transition back to the office in the future.