Be part of the team that gets to make a first impression for volunteers who give their time! This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) position. This position specifically supports the Volunteer Intake Processing Center (VIPC).
The VIPC is a network of volunteers positioned across the country working together to guide potential new volunteers through the intake process kindly and efficiently. The purpose of this position is to welcome new volunteers to the organization and guide them through the intake process.
- Welcome prospective volunteers and process new volunteer applications
- Monitor new applications submitted in Volunteer Connection, our on-line volunteer management system [Global Intake Queue]
- Call and email prospective volunteers to remind them to complete all application steps in the intake path
- Ensure communication is maintained early and often with new applicants using the 3-contact standard for communication
- Log all communication with prospective volunteers in Volunteer Connection.
- Report Volunteer Connection technical issues to your VIPC Program Manager Report schedule and hours to the assigned Intake Leader and/or Program Manager
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Previous experience with customer service
- Ability to work with computer database (training provided)
- Understands importance of hospitality
- Comfortable making phone calls to volunteers
- Comfort learning new online computer systems and databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Must have access to laptop or desktop computer with reliable internet that can be used for this position (Note: this role cannot be done from a smartphone or tablet)
- Must have reliable access to phone with ability to make long distance phone calls