About this Job
The Family Place is seeking part time Resident Advocates to provides a safe and supportive residential environment for all guests and assesses services and security needs of clients.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social work, sociology or similar with 6 months of experience working in a residential facility, shelter, or similar environment OR an Associates Degree and any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Summary: Provides a safe and supportive residential environment for all guests and assesses services and security needs of clients.
Work Hours: Saturday & Sunday,1st/3rd/5th weekends, 3pm-11pm
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides supportive case management services including: emotional support to residential guests and demonstrates sensitivity and supports those in crisis and is non-judgmental and tactful in words and actions; crisis response and intervention.
- Collaborates with case manager(s) on service updates or needs for clients via documentation, email and/or verbal communication.
- Communicates with supervisor and designated staff regarding pertinent client issues.
- Participates in system data collection in an accurate, complete, and timely manner and completes related forms in a timely manner.
- Conducts intakes with new clients to help them acclimate to a communal residential living environment.
- Transports clients in company vehicle to and from appointments, meetings or hospital.
- Assists clients with basic life skills activities including: healthy habits, clean living skills, organization, daily planning, time management, etc.
- Conducts client exit interviews, when necessary.
- Supports interns and volunteers with teaching residents parenting, education, employment assistance and legal services.
- Prepares light meals and assists with meal service.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Knowledge of domestic violence and client trauma.
- Knowledge of basic food preparation.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications.
- Skilled in verbal de-escalation and crisis management.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of CPR training and maintain current certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Ability to maintain a clear and valid Texas driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats to meet position responsibilities.
- Ability to be sensitive to the language, economic and cultural needs of clients.
- Ability to drive a company vehicle to off–site locations and attend off-site meetings and events.
- Maintains professional boundaries with clients at all times.
- Protects client confidentiality.
Mental and Physical Abilities: Duties are usually performed seated with occasional periods of standing or walking. Limited physical effort is required associated with lifting and carrying objects (less than 25 lbs).
Working Conditions: Work may be performed, but is not limited to an office environment. Ability to work some weekends, evenings and overnight hours.
Essential Functions: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.