The Hanover Insurance Group is seeking to attract exceptional college students for our Summer Internship Program, which provides meaningful opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as rewarding career path options.
The Hanover’s Internship Program provides college students with the opportunity to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job over the course of 10 weeks. Through the program, you will be supported and mentored by a community of exceptional talent including: leaders, managers, subject matter experts and recent graduates who are just getting started in our dynamic industry. As part of your experience, you will also participate in a cross-functional team building project focused on corporate philanthropy, as well as attend weekly development workshops with your intern peers. We have very high expectations of our participants and anticipate their strong dedication to the program and to our company. We expect candidates to have a sense of ownership in their career development and a commitment to excellence. We recruit highly skilled students for potential future full-time employment opportunities, upon graduation. The Hanover’s Internship Program is 10 weeks in duration throughout the summer (June – mid August). We will be taking applications for our program on an ongoing basis from September to February. Qualified applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by a member of The Hanover University Relations team to discuss next steps. We receive a high volume of applications for our internship program each year and thank you for your patience during our review and interview process. Please Note: You will need to apply through www.jobs.hanover.com for your internship application to be considered.
- Perform market research on innovative trends to examine areas of opportunity within the business
- Analyze the business impact of markets, trends, issues, technologies, economies, and competition and applies that analysis to business issues and challenges
- Research, ask probing questions, and transcend surface issues
- Improve organizational performance through the introduction of new ideas, methods, processes, products, and services
- Create and present a final presentation for management and leadership members at the close of the internship program highlighting the work you accomplished throughout the summer.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Ability to commit to a full time 10 week internship program
- Ability to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- 0-2 years of professional working experience
- Research and development experience
- Business, technical and innovative mindset
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, including Microsoft Excel, IoT, and AI.