Substitute Teacher Assistant
Location: The Parish School (Private School)
On Call- Flexible Schedule
Early Childhood Subs from 8:45am to 1pm and/or 12pm to 4pm
Elementary Subs from 7:30pm to 3:30pm
Para Educator in a language-based classroom that is designed to facilitate and integrate communication development into all areas of the curriculum. Functions as a member of a child’s instructional team and provides support to the primary case manager/lead teacher and classroom speech- language pathologist.
- Prepares materials needed for instructional activities.
- Prepares the classroom area daily for instruction, including set up and clean up.
- Leads small and large group lessons utilizing the schools adopted curriculum as guided by the classroom teacher/speech language pathologist.
- Assists lead teacher/speech language pathologist in curriculum assessment on a regular basis.
- Provides classroom and behavior management support as guided by the classroom teacher/speech language pathologist.
- Supports instruction through the arts, PE, library and nature education and collaborates with teachers from various disciplines to promote a child’s development in all areas.
- Encourage a child’s development across domains, including self-help skills such as toileting.
- Assists children in and out of car seats during carpool and supporting their transition to and from school.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.