About this Job
Teaching is a calling. Maybe you haven’t been a teacher in the traditional sense, but you’re already a teacher at heart through community leadership, academic excellence, student government, and the many other ways you make a positive impact on those around you. Whatever your story, if you’re ready to take the next step in teaching or would like to bring your skills to a company with swag and street cred to prove it, then join our team! The Princeton Review is the nation’s leader in test preparation because we believe that everyone is entitled to a college-ready education. We are looking for like-minded individuals who want to make this a reality through the power of teaching. If we can figure out how to beat the MCAT, we can bring out the teacher in you! Teach for the love of teaching. Teach for The Princeton Review!
Our MCAT Instructors pride themselves on giving our students the best classroom experience, whether in-person or online. They do this by:
- Modeling professionalism and respectfulness in every interaction.
- Creating a positive and safe learning environment to promote learning and challenge perceptions.
- Providing instruction that is fun and engaging through The Princeton Review’s curriculum and training.
- Being great communicators in their interactions with students and Princeton Review staff
- Delivering the goods: helping students consistently improve their scores, and providing counsel and support each step of the way
- Maintaining an effective classroom and creating a positive learning environment by positively resolving discipline issues and preventing distractions
The Princeton Review is looking to hire part-time MCAT Instructors with expertise in any of the sciences tested on this exam: Biology, Physics, General Chemistry, and/or Organic Chemistry.
Our team-taught MCAT program provides strong schedule flexibility – no giving up every Tuesday for ten weeks! – so you can fit teaching in alongside personal, professional, and academic obligations. Unlike many teaching positions, we pay you for your training and prep time, we provide both a syllabus and all course materials, and better yet, no grading is required! Our base pay starts at $25/hr for MCAT instructors, and our most experienced instructors can earn up to $80/hr to tutor and $50/hr to help train new teachers.
- Successful completion of our rigorous TPR Instructor Certification Program, including successful completion of qualifying exam
- A desire to help students learn and reach their full potential
- Excellent presentation skills and oral/communication skills appropriate/relevant to test type and students
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to exercise judgment and work independently utilizing The Princeton Review course materials
- Ability to manage and prioritize classroom student needs and job responsibilities
- Ability to work nights and weekends is a plus
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website and create your applicant profile today! You will then have access to and chances to take all of our Qualifying Exams. A member of our Recruitment Team will reach out to you once we see you achieve a passing score.
Our base pay is competitive – $25/hour for MCAT instructors, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities for professional development as long as you’re at The Princeton Review.
About The Princeton Review
The Princeton Review is now hiring teachers and tutors for all subjects, all across the country: so if you’re motivated, energetic and interested in making a positive impact on the lives of students, we have the perfect job for you.
The Princeton Review is a leading tutoring, test prep and college admission services company. For more than 35 years, students and their families have trusted us to help them get into their dream schools. We help students succeed in high school, college and beyond by giving them resources for better grades, better schools, and stronger applications.