We are looking for an Assistant Marketing Manager who will join our Brand Marketing team in Marysville, Ohio.
This position will be based at The Scotts Miracle-Gro world headquarters in Marysville, a suburb of Columbus, OH. Not familiar with Columbus? Visit columbusregion.com/columbus-2020/
As an Assistant Marketing Manager, you will be part of a two-year brand leadership program that exposes you to multiple facets of marketing and business, developing you into a strong marketing leader. The program includes two, one-year brand rotations infused with a variety of experiences and cross functional exposure to develop your marketing skill-set. You will learn the ins and outs of brand marketing by being an integral part of a brand team, working on a national brand under the lead of a Brand Manager or Assistant Brand Manager. As an AMM, you are integrated into the daily operations of your business unit, functioning as a business owner to build and execute plans that drive the business in the short and long term, delivering to consumer and customer needs. Successful completion of the two year program results in placement as an Assistant Brand Manager.
Everyday you will:
- Analyze data, including sales results, share data, customer insights, market research, and category trends, to understand the state of the business and identify business insights that inform strategies to grow your business and unlock new opportunities
- Engage various cross functional teams such as sales, finance, business development, research and development, supply chain, and marketing communications to drive execution of short and long term business initiatives
- Manage your portfolio of products through various states of the product lifecycle including new product innovation from ideation to commercialization and product management from go to market strategies to product maturity
To thrive in this role you must:
- Analyze and manipulate data to uncover insights and provide opinions on marketplace dynamics, sales trends, competitive analysis, promotion and pricing evaluation
- Take initiative to uncover new insight and opportunities to inform work and make an impact on the business
- Drive results through efficient, action-oriented execution, being able to engage and lead cross functional teams to get work done
- Communicate effectively, appropriately tailoring messages to the consumer, customer, and various cross functional groups groups and levels of management
- Possess passion and curiosity to expand your marketing skill-set, continuously seek out opportunities and ideas to strengthen your brand(s) and grow your business
- Have a bias for action to quickly adapt and execute on the needs of the business while being comfortable challenging the status quo
- Be the expert on your portfolio of products and projects with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with cross functional partners within sales, supply chain, research and development, communications, finance and market research
What makes this role unique from others:
- Make an impact on national, category leading brands from day one.
- Exposure to various management levels, including high up leadership.
- A focus on personal development, with flexing projects to ensure you get a well-rounded marketing skill-set.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, you’ll have the ability to define ideas and champion those ideas to management
- Rotation opportunities to get a broader perspective on the Scotts Miracle-Gro business to develop as a well rounded leader (AMMs will have two, one year rotations while in the program)
- Enterprise wide development experiences to help shape the future of the organization such as macro trend discovery and ideation and blue ocean innovation forums
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Onsite wellness center which includes: 24,000 sq. ft. fitness center, Walgreens pharmacy and Doctor’s office.
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
- Beautiful campus and corporate offices designed like a log cabin offering free coffee, chef run cafe and the best crushed ice!
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and GroPride Network, Scotts Young Professionals.
- 12 SMG paid holiday days and generous vacation policy.