Vanderbloemen serves teams with a greater purpose by aligning their people solutions for growth: hiring, compensation, succession, and culture. Through our retained executive search and consulting services, Vanderbloemen serves churches, schools, nonprofits, family offices, and Christian businesses in all parts of the United States and internationally. The firm has worked in 48 of the 50 states and in 10 countries around the world.
While Vanderbloemen can staff any position at any size organization, the bulk of our firm’s work is made up of searches for senior-level staff. Searches involving Senior Pastor succession are an area of particular expertise. In addition to search work, we also provide services in staff consulting, succession planning, culture, and compensation analysis.
Vanderbloemen has served over 1,000 clients since its founding in 2010, has grown to a dedicated in-person staff of over 30 full time employees, and has won several company culture awards. In 2016 and 2017, the firm ranked in the top five in Entrepreneur.com’s Top Company Cultures list of all small businesses in the United States. In 2015, 2016, and 2017, Houston Business Journal named the firm a ‘Best Place To Work in Houston’. In 2017, Houstonia Magazine named Vanderbloemen a ‘Best Place To Work in Houston,’ and Entrepreneur.com named Vanderbloemen one of The Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America. The firm was also named 25 on Forbes’ list of America’s Top Executive Recruiting Firms in 2017, and a Forbes Small Giant in 2018, recognizing companies that favor greatness overgrowth.
About the Marketing Communications Intern:
The Marketing Intern will provide valuable assistance to the marketing and business development team. They will play a key role in branding and lead generation for the company’s growth. In this role, the Marketing Communications Intern will perform administrative tasks, update various database and project management systems, and foster strong relationships with our internal clients. The marketing assistant has excellent interpersonal skills, can simultaneously juggle multiple projects, and is able to work within strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The Marketing Intern will also assist with content creation, marketing campaigns, and social media initiatives.
Goals and Expectations:
The effective Marketing Communications Intern will achieve the following goals during their internship:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Complete projects with both wow-making excellence and ridiculous responsiveness.
- Bring new ideas and solution-side living to everyday marketing tasks.
- Become Hubspot Inbound Marketing Certified.
- Understand the dual facing inbound marketing and sales strategy of both clients and candidates.
- Contribute to and help manage the Vanderbloemen blog and content strategy.
- Understand the firm’s inbound marketing methodology.
- Adhere to all policies surrounding remote working.
In addition to these overarching goals, the intern will work on:
- Social Media Campaigns
- Closed Searches
- Job Placement Announcements
- Case Studies
- Blog posts
What you Bring:
The Marketing Intern will have an entrepreneurial spirit and be an organizational builder. The ideal candidate will likely have experience studying or working in business, sales, and/or marketing. They will have a passion for developing their skills in leadership, creative thinking, problem-solving, and organizational development.
The following technical experience is desired, but not required:
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Adobe Suite
- Basic CSS & HTML
- Video Editing
- Audio Editing
- Copy Editing
- Passionate about values-based organizations.
- Self-starter – A person who is strongly self-motivated and shows initiative.
- Exhibits a spirit of flexibility and is very willing to accept and lead through change.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of moral principles.
- A chemistry that “fits” with the Vanderbloemen ethos and culture.
- A strong work ethic and high energy.
- A “get it done” mentality.
- Positive attitude.
- A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire organization and can inspire others to work together to achieve organizational excellence.