The Food & Beverage Manager assists the Food & Beverage Director (F&B) with the operation of all food and beverage departments including culinary; delivering quality service, compliance of policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals. Works in collaboration with the F&B Director on all administrative functions such as scheduling, purchasing for the department, hiring and terminations of employees.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists in the short and long term planning and the management of the Food & Beverage operations in the front and back of the house.
- Develop and recommend the budget in collaboration with supervisor and manages within those approved plans.
- Direct and oversee development of employees.
- Hire, train and coach employees.
- Coordinate food and beverage operations with other departments to ensure efficient guest service.
- Plans the weekly schedule for all of the food & beverage department’s employees.
- Resolve guest complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of guest satisfactions and quality.
- Exercise quality control for food and beverage.
- Maintain TRMF standards of service and ensure their implementation.
- Perform daily walk-through to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and TRMF standards.
- Implements safe work practices and safe food handling standards.
It is the policy of TRMF to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TRMF will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.?
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- The ability to lead people and build cohesive teams working toward a common goal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- The ability to develop and manage budgets and other financial worksheets.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of restaurant database software a plus.
Education and Experience:
- 3 years or more of progressive Food and Beverage experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a lodging and food service program required.
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods to serve guests.
- Ability to lift, balance, and carry up to 25 pounds to transport food, beverage and dishwares.
- Must be able to work long hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required.