About this Job
Instructional Designer/E-Learning Intern
The TLT Learning Leaders Internship program consists of a unique opportunity to offer real world experience in multiple disciplines that bring to life the knowledge gained in academics. The program aims to provide Interns with a meaningful experience and an opportunity to explore and expand upon their skills and knowledge. Each Intern will be exposed to the daily tasks related to their marketing, advertising, writing, journalism educational track (projects, meetings, and creative brainstorming), as well as administrative tasks (culture, inter-department collaboration, corporate communication methods, etc.). Additionally, Interns will receive the benefit of partaking in the inner workings of a non-profit organization.
Work Schedule: Flexible, up to 12 hours per week
· As an Instructional Designer/E-Learning Intern, you will work with the Executive Director to identify training needs and create video-based and virtual training.
· You will challenge learners’ understanding through relevant activities, author measurable learning objectives, and develop materials that promote transfer, retention, and application relative to youth leadership, leadership skills and real life-soft skills.
· You’ll work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where quality, creativity, and accountability are expected.
Your role will be to participate as a learning designer responsible for:
· Helping design role-based learning curriculum for students in grades 8th through Junior College level
· Developing the tools, templates, and training materials to help our team create scaled, online, social and interactive learning experiences, and
· Bringing your skills to the team to help build an industry leading learning design function.
You’ll be working on:
· Online Interactive Curriculum and Courses
· Develop standards and practices for the development and deployment of courses and curriculum for a variety of topics and age groups.
· Work with teammates to develop scaled, online course and curriculum design training for our program
· Tools, Templates and Checklists
· Conduct needs assessment and review instructional design standards
· Review materials in current practice and external benchmarks
· Build prototypes and refine with feedback from team
· Training materials
· Select and use a variety of techniques to define and sequence the instructional content and strategies.
· Design instruction that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners.
· Evaluate and assess instruction and its impact on learners and the organization.
· Superb written and verbal communication skills and proficiency writing instructional content
· Ability to create compelling and engaging content for a targeted audience
· Experience analyzing, building, and assessing curricula for asynchronous and synchronous virtual training environments
· Experience with instructional systems design models and methodologies, authoring tools, and learning management systems
· Currently pursuing a career path in education, writing, journalism, Instructional design or E-Learning developer
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Frequently required to sit, stand, and walk
· Continually required to talk or hear
· Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
· Continually utilize visual awareness to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
About TLT – Tomorrow’s Leaders Today, Inc
TLT: Tomorrows Leaders Today, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping develop youth leaders through education, collaboration and mentorships with community & business leaders for the collective benefit of the students and their communities.
Location – REMOTE
Temporary / Seasonal
1 – 10 employees
Collin and Denton County, Texas