Trinity Industries is hiring a Data Analytics Intern at our Dallas, TX headquarters!
We are searching for a passionate Data Analytics Intern. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. You will work alongside our Data Scientists to maintain, improve, and broaden our suite of data science products. Data sources will vary, so you must have the ability to sift through appropriate data sources, assess data quality, and eliminate irrelevant data to identify and interpret patterns and trends. Collaboration and willingness to learn new skills and technologies is key for success in this position.
What You’ll Do:
- Analytical Skills: You will work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching. You will need to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions
- Communication Skills: You will have the opportunity to present your findings, or translate the data into an understandable document
- Critical Thinking: You must look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings
- Attention to Detail: Data is precise. You have to make sure you are vigilant in your analysis to come to correct conclusions
- Mathematical & Statistical Reasoning Skills: You must be able to apply mathematical and statistical theory to solve real word situations
- Computer Programming: You will be expected to develop Python scripts for ETL, EDA, and model training
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Proven data analysis and machine learning experience through previous employment or scholarly activities
- Technical expertise regarding basic machine learning algorithms and their implementation in Python.
- Familiarity with Python libraries such as Pandas, Sci-kit learn, Numpy, and/or Tensorflow
- Experience with interfacing databases (SQL etc) via scripting languages (Python)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R, Python, Excel, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Ability to pull data from external sources using APIs & web scraping
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by collaborating with SMEs, reviewing relevant documentation, and imputation strategies
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Ability to write and speak clearly to easily communicate complex ideas