REPORTS TO: Building Principal
SUPERVISES: Classroom aides, as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
2. Valid Texas Teaching certificate, with required endorsements for subject/level assigned and ESL Certification.
3. Knowledge of subjects assigned.
4. General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
5. Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
6. Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Teacher Pay; Master’s Degree Stipend; 187 days
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Develop and implement plans that fulfill the requirements of the district and state curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in learning styles in students.
3. Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
4. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
5. Regularly implement the appropriate use of technology for the teaching/learning process, including but not limited to: SMARTBoards, laptops, etc.
6. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
7. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
8. Work with other members of the staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods in accordance with district requirements.
9. Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteers).
10. Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
11. Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide feedback and progress reports as required.
12. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the school.
13. Be a positive role model for students, support the mission of the school district.
14. Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
15. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
16. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
17. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
18. Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
19. Establish and maintain open lines of communication by conducting conferences with students, parents, principals and teachers.
20. Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents and community members.
21. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
22. Participate in staff development activities to improve job related skills.
23. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
24. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
25. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
26. Supervise assigned teacher’s aide(s)
27. Service as mentor for student teachers.
28. Performs duties in a professional, ethical and responsible manner as defined in the TEA Code of Ethics for Educators.
29. Performs other tasks and assumes such responsibilities related to the position and as assigned
EQUIPMENT USED: Uses computer, printer, fax, and copier.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Demands: Maintain emotional control under
stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of textbooks,
media equipment, desks and other classroom equipment.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. 02/16 ABL