Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it is a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Responsible for consumer sales activities and growing top line revenues. The TPN Peer Advocate identifies consumer leads through their personal social media networks, follows up on ThriveRx educational offerings and events to onboard referrals and achieve sales objectives. Customers are home parenteral and enteral nutrition consumers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Peer Advocate Support
- Utilizes select social media and personal network to identify HPEN consumers who would benefit from ThriveRx services.
- Pursues consumer leads presented through ThriveRx educational offerings, social media advertising and events.
- Develops strategic business plan to develop lead access, consumer community penetration and referral securement with goal of growing consumer census.
- Works with Regional Sales Directors to develop an action plan focused on product education of potential ThriveRx consumers.
- Participates in local and regional non-profit events and ThriveRx support groups to educate and recruit potential home parenteral and enteral nutrition consumers.
- Participates on weekly pipeline calls and activities.
- Maintains consumer data base entries on pipelines and in the CRM system.
- Assists in the development of consumer marketing materials to aid in recruitment.
- Consumer Onboarding
- Works with Intake Team to gather information needed to smoothly bring newly recruited consumers onto service.
- Acts as a liaison to the consumer during the onboarding process to ensure smooth transition, answering questions regarding process and relay of information to the consumer.
- Provides telephonic and face-to-face nutrition consumer satisfaction monitoring during and after the onboarding process with communication to the Intake Team as needed.
- Documents consumer contact in medical record progress notes.
- Participates as necessary in care conferences and meetings related to ThriveRx patients.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you a clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must demonstrate B2C or B2B relationship selling and/or marketing skills
- Knowledge of disease states necessitating nutrition or chronic vascular access
- One plus year combined experience in social media selling, networking, advertising, customer service or advocacy
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft products
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
A successful candidate will also have:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize tasks, deescalate internal and external stakeholders in times of stress, and respond professionally
- Comfortable with change and able to manage and respond to details, while maintaining organizational and community priorities
- Ability to achieve sales metrics and target market growth
- Ability to work well with various personalities and within a team
- Flexible communication style
- High degree of motivation
- Active listening skills
- Knowledge of/experience with the community and resources in which you are servicing
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.