The Graduate Coordinator (Graduate Assistant) is a live-in position designed for a bachelor’s level professional enrolled full-time in a graduate level program at the University of Central Florida (UCF). Graduate Coordinators work directly with professional and student staff to offer support in services and assistance to the members of UCF’s housing communities. Graduate Coordinators may supervise resident assistants, support community development, serve in the crisis response rotation, and assist in facilities management. Graduate Coordinators will maintain a minimum of 20 office hours per week.
UCF’s Department of Housing & Residence Life offers six different Graduate Coordinator positions.
• Graduate Coordinator of Residence Life & Education (16)
• Graduate Coordinator of Academic Initiatives (1)
• Graduate Coordinator of Safety & Security (1)
• Graduate Coordinator of Student Leadership & Selection (1)
• Graduate Coordinator of Student Conduct (1)
• Graduate Coordinator of Conference Services (1)
We currently have confirmed vacancies for multiple Graduate Coordinator of Residence Life & Education positions. We do not have confirmed vacancies with the other positions at this time, as we allow our current Graduate Coordinators to re-apply for their position. On your application form, you may demonstrate a preference for as many of the Graduate Coordinator positions that you are interested in. You will be considered for any positions you select, if there is a vacancy.
• Completed application form
• Two professional references
• Resume (Submitted as a PDF)
* Please note that a cover letter is not required and will not need to be provided.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Approved to work in the US
• Accepted by April 1st, 2021 to pursue a full-time graduate degree at UCF.
* Will be required to sign a Graduate Contract with UCF Graduate Studies each Fall & Spring semester of employment. This requires full-time student status.
• Must maintain a 3.0 GPA at the graduate level
• Driver’s license and willingness to operate a university vehicle.
• Supervision experience
• Crisis response experience
• Program/Event planning experience
• Discipline/Student conduct experience
• Student group advising experience
• Approximately $13.50/hour stipend – for 20 hours per week
• Tuition Waiver
• Student Health Insurance
• Furnished on-campus apartment
• Priority deadline: Wednesday, January 20th, 2021
• First round interviews: Selected candidates will be invited to a virtual (Zoom) interview to be conducted early February 2021.
• Second round virtual (Zoom) interviews: After completion of first round interviews, selected candidates will be invited to attend a second round virtual (Zoom) interview to be held late February – early March. Students participating in the Higher Education & Student Personnel (HESP) program visiting days will interview with our department, if selected, on March 1st or 2nd , 2021.
• Notifications of hire offers and alternate offers will be sent in mid-March 2021.
*A majority of our Graduate Coordinator vacancies will be filled through this cycle. However, in the event a vacancy occurs outside of this time frame, we will utilize the alternate pool. In the event the alternate pool is depleted, we will review additional applications that were completed after the January 20th 2021 priority deadline.
Additional information can be found on our website: https://www.housing.ucf.edu/employment/graduate-coordinator/
*The posting on Handshake is simply a form of advertisement, you MUST apply via ucf.erezlife.com to be considered for this position.