This one-year rotational program provides visibility into multiple areas of software development. Successful candidates will travel through four distinct areas critical to quality software enabling the individuals to gain valuable perspective. While in the rotational program, you will work on both front-end and back-end technologies, learn how to develop quality into your code through the eyes of a software engineer, and understand the critical steps of deploying to production in the DevOps area. You will do this in a fast-paced, agile, environment working for an industry leader in data analytics. You will gain exposure to various teams, work styles, and leadership styles.
In addition to participating in the rotational program, the incumbent will also have an opportunity to participate in Verisk’s Early Career Foundations Program (ECFP). The ECFP provides our new employees a one-year developmental program experience of advanced learning about Verisk, general business and professional skills development, and industry-specific training. Through your time in this program, you will network with leaders, join in-person and virtual engagement events, and receive stretch and shadowing assignments to expose you to a variety of work and functions throughout the organization.
- Accountable for application development supporting business objectives while demonstrating junior-level expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing and implementation.
- Work on new and existing applications along with enhancements to websites, web applications, and infrastructure.
- Performs hands-on coding, configuration, and testing
- May serve as a liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas.
- Eager to learn new skills and take ownership of projects
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex applications
- Participate in design and technical meetings
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Skills and Knowledge
- Willingness to experience multiple aspects of software development.
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
- Understanding or willingness to learn the basics of Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structures
- Must have passion for development and latest technologies
- Enrolled in bachelors or masters program or bootcamp with an expected graduation date of May 2021.
- Familiarity of the concepts of developing elegant-yet-simple systems using best practices and design patterns
- Familiarity and understanding in many of the following technologies: Core C#, ASP.Net MVC, NUnit and Moq, LINQ, NHibernate or Entity Framework, Spring.Net, Continuous Integration, JQuery, CSS, AJAX