VDOT is seeking a Program Management Specialist Senior to provide oversight and high level operational support to Salem District’s programming function. This position will:
- Serve as the primary VDOT liaison with localities, to coordinate and communicate development of the Urban System, Secondary System and other special funded programs of interest to local governments. Coordinate with staff on project development before meeting with localities. Present issues to District Management and coordinate policy determinations with Local Assistance Division. Assist in project development activities with local governments (urban or county projects) for all phases from program application through construction close out. Coordinate project development activities with local governments (urban or county projects) for all phases from program application through construction close out.
- Provide direction to local government staff regarding VDOT’s policies, procedures and processes. Provide guidance on the development and implementation of Urban and Secondary System programs in accordance with the Six-Year Improvement Program policies and processes. Provide guidance and assistance for financing of urban and secondary system projects including locally administered program reviews during the project life.
- Assist District staff with creation of new projects and maintaining data integrity in VDOT databases.
- Analyze financial data to assist with creation, development, delivery and closeout of projects.
- Provide assistance to Residencies for the development and update of the SYIP, to include adherence to public hearing requirements and programming processes. Prepare Project Administration Agreements and monitor such projects to insure timely development.
- Originate correspondence for documentation and guidance of program development and respond to inquiries. Contribute to the general divisional and district requirements and attainment of its goals, including established Dashboard goals, and final closeout of projects.
- Assist localities, MPOs, and PDCs with the funding applications including the Smart Portal application process.
We are a “Virginia Values Veterans” (V3) official certified company and state agency that provides hiring preference to Veterans and Members of the Virginia National Guard in support of Executive Order 29, (2010). If you are a Veteran or Virginia National Guard Member, we urge you to respond accordingly on your state application.
VDOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit “Information for VDOT Employees and Applicants” at: http://www.virginiadot.org/jobs/information_for_employees.asp
VDOT employees have Shared Values and a Code of Ethics. Click Here . We encourage all those who apply to review these values and ethics. If you share our values, we invite you to apply. Your success in our organization depends upon sharing these values and keeping this Code of Ethics.
- Considerable knowledge of transportation funding to include budgeting and finance.
- Familiarity with policies and practices related to transportation project development and delivery.
- Considerable knowledge of federal, state, and local transportation laws, regulations, policies and operations.
- Ability to analyze complex financial data, work with detailed numerical data and generate reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with diverse audiences to including mediating difficult issues.
- Skill in the use of computers and software applications.
- Extensive experience in financial management, transportation funding programs, planning or programming.
- Experience in project management and project development processes.
- Degree in Transportation Policy, Project Management, Planning, Financial Management, Business or related field.
- Skill in the use of VDOT systems including Cardinal, Project Pool, Microsoft Project, PWA scheduling, ProjectWise and PCES.