Design & Technical Services (DTS) is a consulting and technical services company providing a range of services to OEMs and their Tier 1 suppliers. Our services span the Product Lifecycle from design to ongoing support. Our technical services include engineering, IT, Test, Technical Communications and ongoing product support. As a valued employee of DTS you will help shape a career path that can lead you to ever increasing technical skills and lead you into team leadership and project management opportunities. Our project team members create lasting trust with our clients through their competence and integrity. These efforts allow us to reach our goal of “Creating Clients for Life” If you are interested in taking the next step toward a rewarding career, talk to us about how you can join and contribute to the unfolding success story of DTS.
DTS is seeking a Battery Lab Technician to work at our client’s product development site in Wauwatosa, WI. Within this role, you will:
- Assist with equipment setup in test chambers per the requirements of the customer
- Verify product testing power requirements and facility needs
- Review and understand Product Test Plans
- Utilize specialized equipment to test and validate cells, modules, and battery packs
- Compile test results and complete Test Reports for submittal to customer
- Assist customers in troubleshooting and resolution of design related issues
- Verify proper equipment is used and calibrations are up to date
- Fabricate electrical devices from schematics and raw materials
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience with, or ability to be trained in, NFPA 70E (Training for Electrical Safety in the Workplace)
- Familiarity working with medium/high voltage equipment (300V DC, 480V 3 Phase AC, Arc Flash Level 2 protection)
- Familiarity with NH Research Equipment
- Experience working in a battery lab
- Experience using wire bonders
- Experience with data acquisition systems
- Attention to detail and excellent documentation skills
- Firm understanding of power fundamentals
- Ability to read complex electrical diagrams and schematics
- Ability to use common electrical tools to fabricate electrical devices
- Comfort in dealing with uncertainty
- Experience with electrical research and development
Must be available to work on W2 for Volt. No C2C or 3rd party vendors please.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
Volt/DTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.