ABOUT OUR EXTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The BUILD (Bridging Unity, Inclusion, Leadership & Diversity) Externship is a developmental, informational and highly interactive program for rising juniors. Participants will discover core business areas, enhance professional skills, and boost business acumen through immersive and engaging activities with Whirlpool Corporation.
With a commitment to our core value, Inclusion and Diversity, BUILD serves as a high-potential, diverse pipeline for our Leadership Development and Immersion Programs. BUILD provides opportunities to interact with our teams and professionals in Engineering, Supply Chain, Sales, Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, and Manufacturing.
PROGRAM & EXPERIENCE DETAILS
The 2021 BUILD Externship Program will include multiple sessions across the summer to help prepare you for the professional world. Starting in June, you’ll embark on your Whirlpool journey through self-led discovery and our BUILD Buddy Program. In July, participants will engage in weekly Career Camp sessions. The final portion of the program will include a 2 day conference that will run from August 19-20th. Participating in BUILD provides:
- Professional Development & Career Education
- Networking opportunities with professionals in the industry
- Insight into Whirlpool Corporation, our culture, and Leadership Development and Immersion Program Opportunities
- Mentoring support through the BUILD Buddy Program
Foundational to inclusion and diversity, we strongly encourage candidates pursuing careers in Business and Engineering from traditionally underrepresented racial, ethnic or minority groups to apply. Background requirements include:
- Sophomore standing at the time of application – have 2 years remaining in their education before being eligible for full time employment
- Registered student pursuing a degree from a four-year institution
- Interest in applying to one of Whirlpool’s Leadership Development Program Internship Opportunities
- United States citizen or Permanent Resident
HOW DO I APPLY?
As a part of our selection process, please complete our 2021 BUILD Externship Program application. The deadline to submit your application is March 26, 2021; however, we will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis. If you meet the minimum background requirements, you will be prompted to take a behavioral assessment called “Plum” within one week of your application.
Please Note: The name and photo associated with your Google account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this application form. Any files that are uploaded will be shared outside of the organization they belong to.