Woodside Capital Partners is a leading-edge value-add real estate investment firm focusing on office, industrial and retail assets throughout the United States. The firm manages approximately $400 million in real estate assets for capital partners located throughout the country and is in the process of finalizing its third fund. The firm’s partners have over 50 years of experience in distressed investing. Woodside’s office is located in downtown Fort Worth.
Woodside is seeking an intern in early Fall 2023 and will continue through Summer 2024. The internship program at Woodside Capital Partners is designed to provide college students with real-time accounting and real estate experience. Interns may be considered for full time employment after demonstrating an ability and willingness to perform the day-to-day responsibilities associated with the position. Most current team members have been through the internship process. Interns will be exposed to the entire real estate investment process from the purchase to the sale of real estate assets. The Woodside internship program will provide valuable experience to those interested in pursuing a career in accounting or real estate.
Duties will primarily include:
– Assist with property level accounting for assets owned by the Funds. Woodside’s in-house accounting team performs all accounting functions for all assets owned by the funds.
– Generate journal entries for the properties and ensure that each assets’ financial statements are up to date.
– Accounts Payable – classifying expenses and processing weekly payment requests.
– Accounts Receivable – generate rent statements and posting rental payments to the general ledger
– Reconcile monthly bank statements.
– Prepare and analyze monthly property financial statements to be reviewed by the partners of the firm.
– Communicate with current team members including the Managing Partner to research issues and make any necessary adjustments to the financial statements.
– Assist when needed on other accounting or finance related duties.
– The position is full-time and starts at $15 per hour. Interns are expected to work 15 hours per week during the school year and 40 hours per week during the summer.
Interns will have the support and guidance of full-time employees who have been through the internship program themselves. This opportunity has the chance to turn into a full-time job. More information about Woodside is available at www.woodsidecp.com.
Interested parties should apply here on Handshake.