STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
ATTP99-13473-Biologist Technicians Fisheries-Jackson
SALARY: $21.01 Hourly
CLOSING DATE:01/20/21 11:59 PM
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department seek to hire two (2) Biologist Technicians Fisheries in the Jackson Region. These seasonal positions will assist the regional fisheries management crew with all aspects of aquatic resource management activities. Positions will be based out of Jackson. The positions will start mid-May and conclude in mid-November. Applicants unavailable for this entire period should not apply.
Human Resource Contact: 777-4507 Laura Curtis firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Duties will be variable and may include electrofishing, netting, stream/habitat surveys, angler surveys, chemical restoration, data entry, and equipment maintenance, as well as other routine fisheries management tasks.
- Biologist technicians will assist with watercraft inspection and decontamination in cooperation with the state’s aquatic invasive species program and assist with the aquatic habitat program.
Preference will be given to those pursuing a career or degree in fisheries. This may include preference towards those with a high school degree plus experience in fish and wildlife resource management, research, or college course work towards a degree in fishery or wildlife management, ichthyology, hydrology, watershed science, or other closely related fields.
Important: Applicants should attach a cover letter and resume with their online state application. The cover letter should include career plans, suitability for the job, preferences for the type of work and work location, and availability dates (starting and ending dates are particularly important).
**Must have a valid driver’s license.
None – See “Preferences”
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Technicians must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision and work well with others on a small crew.
- These are field positions that require some physical labor, such as hiking, wading and carrying backpacks.
- Fieldwork can occur in inclement weather, and some positions camping in the field is required.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check before appointment.
- Lodging, waders, rain gear, uniform, and other necessary field equipment and expenses will be provided when in the field. Off duty, housing is not provided.
- Seasonal housing in Jackson can be difficult to secure and expensive. Applicants are encouraged to explore housing options before applying or accepting a position.
- Hiring will start as applications are being received, and hiring may begin as early as January.
- Applicants are encouraged to contact Craig Amadio, Regional Fisheries Supervisor (307-335-2608), to gain additional information about the positions and the selection process. Please don’t send cover letters or resumes via email; those should be attached in the online application process.
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department – Fish Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
See Human Resource Contact Information
in the General Description Section
Statewide, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #ATTP99
Job # 13473
ATTP99-13473-BIOLOGIST TECHNICIANS FISHERIES-JACKSON
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.