The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas is searching for cause-driven individuals to lead the day-to-day operations of afterschool programs. At the Y, we provide a safe environment and manage the well-being of each child and staff person on site.
Once at the site you will work closely with the Site Director as he/she manages the afterschool program, following Texas Health and Human Services standards & YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas policies, procedures and Operational Promises.You will actively engage in activities with participants including: physical activity, enrichment activity and Homework/CATCH time implementation. In addition to supervision of the afterschool participants, you will also help maintain inventory and supplies needed for your program. We lead in program set-up and clean-up according to school contracted guidelines.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Report staff or child accident/incidents or suspected child abuse or injury to the Site Director as soon as possible. Fill out appropriate report, make necessary phone calls, and follow all emergency procedures.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, trainings, and any other meetings deemed necessary by the Site Director.
- Assist with drills to practice site-evacuation/emergency procedures for fire, chemical spill, tornado, etc., and is capable of implementing such procedures.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has the ability to work alone and with a team.
- Open to learning, coaching and supervision.
- Will lead children in group activities, especially recreational activities.
- Has a fundamental appreciation and understanding of group management and child development.
- Is creative, has a sense of humor, patience, conviction, genuineness, enthusiasm, initiative, self-control, flexibility, ability to learn, integrity, and ingenuity.
- 2:30pm-6:30pm Monday through Friday
- Minimum age: 18 years of age; Education: High School Degree/ G.E.D. or higher
- Complete of an 8-hour Pre-service orientation in components outlined by The Department of Health and Human Services or have 6 months’ previous experience in a licensed childcare center.
- Complete First Aid, CPR, Sexual Harassment, and Child Abuse Prevention within the first 30 days and any additional training requested of supervisor.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry for a distance of at least 40 yards.
- Auditory and/or visual awareness of each child’s ongoing activity as appropriate
- FREE Y Membership and other program discounts
- No Weekends!
- 403b Retirement Option
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive pay
- Employee referral bonus of $50 and up
- Make a difference!
The YMCA provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, sex, disability, age, or veteran status.