Urban Fellows Internship Program
Scholarships are awarded by the Career Connections Center scholarship committee. The scholarship amounts to $1,000 per student per internship/semester. Students may reapply one additional time for the Urban Fellows Program, with a maximum of two scholarships. In order to be eligible to receive the scholarship, student must complete the “Explore” step as a way to further prepare for success. This alone is useful in that it helps create goals, meet with a career consultant, research career option, and do a reflection.
All applications are due by May 7, 2020.
- Students who are currently enrolled in a minimum of 12 hours during the fall/spring semesters as a TWU student. If a student is not taking classes during the summer semester, you may still participate if you are enrolled for fall.
- Students who are in good academic and disciplinary standing with the university.
- Students who demonstrate financial need.
- Students who have a minimum semester GPA of 2.25.
- The Student will develop and clarify their career goals.
- The Student will gain an understanding of the role of nonprofit, community, or governmental organizations in the community.
- The Student will be able to articulate the leadership and marketable skills they have gained as a result of participating in the Urban Fellows Program.