The Career Connections Center strives to connect students, faculty, alumni, and employers in an increasingly diverse and competitive job market. We offer many opportunities each semester for students to connect with employers and with potential career options.
- TWU Connect/Handshake is our online platform for job postings (full-time, part-time, on and off campus and volunteer opportunities). Log in and complete the profile to optimize the opportunities.
- Make an appointment with your Career Consultant to develop a job search plan and learn how to connect to professionals in your field via LinkedIn and networking events.
- Career fairs are a convenient venue for connecting with employers that are on campus to connect specifically with TWU students. Career Connections hosts several career fairs each semester on each campus. Check out the calendar of events for career fair dates.
- Internships are a wonderful way to connect with professionals and to develop your professional network. The Career and Internship Fair, held each semester on the Denton campus, is a good place to start. The Office of Internships also hosts internship round tables and other connection events throughout each semester.
- Connect with possible careers by participating in job shadowing. The job shadowing program, a partnership with Career Connections and the Office of Internships, places students with professionals in a career field of interest for a day or up to a week for a shadowing experience. Students learn what the career field is like on a day-to-day basis and to make professional connections.
- Each semester, Career Connections hosts multiple events that connect students with employers. In the Career Advice & A Slice programs, students can talk informally with professionals to gain insight into what opportunities exist within various career fields. Other events might include networking mixers, alumni panels, lunch and learns just to name a few. Check out our calendar of events for upcoming programs.