The Career Connections Center assists students in exploring interests, skills and values, majors and educational opportunities, and possible career options. Exploring various options can be overwhelming but Career Consultants are here to coach students in how to define and refine their opportunities.
- Career Connections offers Focus 2 as an online self-assessment tool to help clarify interests, skills and work values and to relate them to possible careers. Make an appointment with your Career Consultant to determine if this is the right tool for you.
Explore possible majors!
- The job shadowing program, a partnership with Career Connections and the Office of Internships, places students with professionals in a career field of interest for a day or up to a week for a shadowing experience. Students learn what the career field is like on a day-to-day basis and have opportunities to conduct informational interviews with professionals in that organization.
- Career fairs, held each semester on all campuses, are a great place to start making exploring career options.
- Conduct informational interviews with professionals in areas of interest to get inside information on what those careers entail and what can be done to maximize experiences and educational opportunities to be successful.
- Each semester, Career Connections hosts multiple events where students can gain valuable career information from professionals in various career fields. In the Career Advice & A Slice programs, students can talk informally with professionals to gain insight into what opportunities exist within various career fields. Other events might include networking mixers, alumni panels, lunch and learns just to name a few. Check out our calendar of events for upcoming programs.